About Me

My photo
Nicaragua
Welcome! I am an Environmental Educator with the Peace Corps, currently serving in Nicaragua from August 2010 until November 2012. I am only 24 years old and am originally from Naples, Florida. Thanks for reading! Please note: All views and opinions expressed here are my own and are in no way the views or opinions of the US Government or Peace Corps.

Saturday, June 4, 2011

Picture Updates

Group of my good friends just hanging out - from left, Sixto, Gaudy, Enoch and Ingrid

My AWESOME rural school, Trianon, that has it's act together...teachers, kids and parents are really amazing

Squash plants growing in the school garden in Trianon...they are covered by thorns so that the chickens wouldn't eat them while they sprouted

Can't believe I forgot to mention I became a Godmother!! Here in Nicaragua you get two...one when you are baptized and the other for first holy communion/confirmation, so I am Yubelky's second...definitely an honor.

No comments:

Post a Comment